College Station Association of Neighborhoods
THE ROO PASSED CITY COUNCIL WITH A 5-2 VOTE.
A huge THANK YOU to all our supporters
ROO Quick Facts:
- The ROO allows individual neighborhoods to limit occupancy
to two unrelated occupants per single family house.
- Neighborhoods must apply for the ROO themselves.
- The City has a process for application that must be followed.
- 50% + 1 of property owners must vote to request the ROO.
- Existing rental properties are "grandfathered" at 4-unrelated.
- The process and definitions are complex, but well-defined.
- CSAN is here to help! Information will be posted soon to help you determine if your neighborhood can get the ROO. Check back ...
Who Can Get the ROO?
Percent of homes in a subdivision phase with a homestead exemption, assumed to be owner-occupied and in favor of the ROO.
(Too many existing rentals.)
(Already deed restricted.)
Who owns all those rental properties?
A lot of out-of-town investors, that's who.
CLICK to see a breakdown.
AGAINST Stealth Dorms
(Click on any item
for more information)